Hungry House

Home

Eastbourne Gazette

The Eastbourne Gazette – officially, the Eastbourne, Seaford and Hailsham Gazette – is a weekly tabloid sold in and around the East Sussex coastal town of Eastbourne, including Hailsham and Seaford as well as Polegate, Pevensey and Herstmonceux.

It was founded in 1859 and was the first newspaper in the town; a competitor, the Eastbourne Chronicle, was founded six years later but is now a sister title (having been absorbed by the Eastbourne Herald in 1951). Its midweek publication day means (according to its website, which it shares with the Herald) that the area is one of the few remaining places in Britain that has both a midweek and an end-of-week paid newspaper.

It’s published by T R Beckett Ltd, part of Johnston Press‘s South Division, from editorial offices in Eastbourne.

There are three sub-editions: besides the main Eastbourne Gazette edition, there’s also the Hailsham Gazette and the Seaford Gazette. All come out on Wednesdays.

  • Address:
  • Eastbourne Gazette
    Berkeley House
    26 Gildredge Road

    EASTBOURNE
    BN21 4SA
  • Tel:
  • 01323 414488
  • Fax:
  • 01323 437450
Share




Custom Search