It’s published by Newsquest (Oxfordshire) as part of a Herald series for southern Oxfordshire that also covers Abingdon, Wantage and Wallingford. The editorial offices are in Oxford; a district office in Didcot has now closed.
It originated with a supplement issued with the North Berks Herald from 1933 to 1939, the Didcot Advertiser; the supplement merged with the main newspaper in 1939, forming the North Berks Herald and Didcot Advertiser. In 1961 it became a fully-fledged separate newspaper in its own right under the Didcot Advertiser title; it adopted its present-day title in 1974.
The Herald series underwent a facelift, with more news and reporting staff – and a 55 per cent price rise, from 45p to 70p – at the beginning of July 2013.
It comes out on Thursdays.