It was founded in 1836 as The Aylesbury News and Advertiser for Bucks and the Surrounding Counties. At the beginning of 1847 it was renamed The Bucks Advertiser and Aylesbury News; it took on its present title in July 1980.
It’s published by Premier Newspapers, a branch of the South Midlands division of Johnston Press, the nationwide group of regional and local newspapers. It’s a companion to their paid-for title for the area, the Bucks Herald, and shares that paper’s editorial offices in Aylesbury and its website.
There’s another newspaper in the same series, the Thame Gazette.
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available free online.