The Whitehaven News
is a weekly broadsheet newspaper sold in the Cumbrian town of Whitehaven, the nearby towns of Egremont and Cleator Moor, the Borough of Copeland and more widely across western Cumbria
towards the south as far as Millom.
It was founded in 1852 and has kept its original title throughout its existence. In 1858 it incorporated a Workington-based rival established the previous year, The Workington Times and the General Weekly Advertiser for West Cumberland.
It’s published by the CN Group (formerly Cumbrian Newspapers), who are based in Carlisle. The editorial offices are in Whitehaven.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.
- The Whitehaven News
148 Queen Street
Latest posts in England - North West
Weekly freesheet tabloid companion to the Southport Visiter
Weekly tabloid from Trinity Mirror Cheshire sold in and around the market town of Nantwich
Weekly tabloid sold in Nelson and the Lancashire Borough of Pendle
News & Star
Evening tabloid sold in northern and western Cumbria in two geographic editions