It was founded in June 1855 as The Illustrated Heywood Advertiser and General Family Newspaper, but adopted its present title just six months later.
The editorial offices were in Heywood, but closed in September 2008 – with the paper first moving to the offices of the Rochdale Observer in Rochdale, then being centralised along with all the other MEN titles at the company’s head office, initially in Manchester in May 2009, then in Chadderton on the outskirts of Oldham in September 2010 following the Trinity Mirror takeover of MEN.
Its web presence changed in January 2013 from being a mini-site on the overall MEN Media website to a directory within the Manchester Evening News‘s website.
It comes out on Thursdays.
- Heywood Advertiser
Mitchell Henry House
- 0161 211 2812
- 0161 829 3300