It was founded in 1894 as The Formby Times and Ainsdale & Altcar Advertiser and kept that title for over 70 years before becoming simply the Formby Times in 1967. It was a paid-for title until its relaunch as a freesheet in 2008, the same time that its office in Formby closed.
It’s published by Trinity Mirror Merseyside (part of the company’s North West and Wales division) from editorial offices in nearby Southport. It no longer has its own website: its old URL at formbytimes.co.uk now redirects to the Formby pages of the Southport Visiter.
Besides being delivered direct to households, some copies are also available from pickup points in the town.
It comes out on Wednesdays.
- Formby Times
26-32 Tulketh Street
- 01704 398298
- 01704 532041