The Cumberland News
It was formed in 1910 by the amalgamation of two earlier titles. The Patriot, or, Carlisle and Cumberland Advertiser was founded in June 1815, a fortnight before the Battle of Waterloo, and became The Carlisle Patriot in 1818. The East Cumberland News was founded in 1883.
It’s owned by the CN Group, an independent publisher of newspapers including the News & Star, the Hexham Courant and the North West Evening Mail. The editorial offices are in Dalston Road in the west of Carlisle.
As of February 2012 it claimed to be read by more people in its distribution area than all the national dailies put together.
It comes out on Fridays.