Kensington & Chelsea Chronicle
It has a slightly involved history, its origins lying in separate titles for Kensington on the one hand and Chelsea on the other, both of which were parts of wider series.
In Kensington, the Kensington Post and West London Star was founded in late 1915. It was renamed the Kensington Post, Middlesex Independent and West London Star in 1938, but reverted to its earlier title in 1947. From 1958 onwards it was simply the Kensington Post, becoming the Kensington News & Post in 1972 and then the Kensington News in 1987.
In Chelsea the Chelsea News & General Advertiser had been established in about 1860, with sub-editions for Pimlico and Kensington. The main title continued as the Westminster and Chelsea News from 1879, then as the West London Press, Westminster and Chelsea News from 1885 to 1962. From then it was the Chelsea News, West London Press and Westminster & Pimlico News until 1972, when it dropped all but the first two words of the title.
In 1997 the two titles merged as the Kensington & Chelsea News; they were relaunched in 2010 under the present title.
The Chronicle‘s now part of a series of freesheets published by Trinity Mirror Southern for western Inner London, headed by the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle. The series’ editorial offices are in Hammersmith Broadway.
Pickup distribution began, and delivery to letterboxes ceased, in March 2012. A small number of copies (somewhat over five per cent) of each issue are sold through the news trade.
It comes out on Fridays.
- Kensington & Chelsea Chronicle
14-26 Hammersmith Broadway
- 020 3280 3201