Ilford & Redbridge Weekly Post (defunct)
It was founded in 1898 as The Ilford Guardian, but changed its title several times during the second half of its existence. In 1954 it became the Ilford Pictorial, then in 1963 it expanded the name to become the Ilford & Redbridge Pictorial & Guardian. Another nine years later it dropped the & Guardian again. In 1978 the word Post entered the title for the first time as it became the Ilford & Redbridge Post & Pictorial.
In 1982 it was relaunched as the Redbridge Post News Extra and the serial numbering was restarted. Within a year it dropped the word News, but only a few months after that it became simply the Redbridge Post. In 1987 it became the Ilford & Redbridge Post; in 1999 it inserted the word Free in front of Post; two years after that it finally became the Ilford & Redbridge Weekly Post and kept that title until its demise.
It was published by Dagenham-based Post Newspapers, who also publish the Barking & Dagenham Post and the Romford & Havering Post (both of which remain in circulation as of January 2012). Post Newspapers is part of Archant London, which itself is a division of the Archant media group.
The editorial offices were in Ilford.
It came out on Thursdays.
The Post closed in May 2009 in the course of a rationalisation of Archant London’s newspapers for eastern Outer London. The e-editions are still available on the website.