Hendon & Finchley Times
It was founded in 1875 as the Hendon Times and Finchley & Hampstead Advertiser, but became the Hendon & Finchley Times three years later. In 1929 it became the Hendon Times and Guardian, adding and Finchley in 1940. It split into two separate editions, the Hendon Times and Finchley Times, in 1964, reuniting under the present title in 1985.
It’s published by Newsquest (London) as part of a three-title group serving the London Borough of Barnet and neighbouring parts of Hertfordshire. The other titles in the series are the Barnet & Potters Bar Times, the Edgware & Mill Hill Times and the Borehamwood & Elstree Times. All share the same editorial offices, which were in Hendon until 2013 but have now been centralised at Newsquest (London)’s headquarters in Watford.
A small number of copies of each issue (fewer than two per cent) are sold through the news trade.
It comes out on Thursdays. It’s also available online as a (free) e-edition.