The Enfield Gazette
It was founded in 1874 (according to its own website; the British Library has records of an Enfield, Palmers Green, Southgate & Edmonton Gazette that goes back to 1859) and was a paid-for title up until the late 2000s. In 1913 it absorbed the Enfield Observer (founded in 1874 as Meyer’s Enfield Observer and Local General Advertiser) and was known as The Enfield Gazette & Observer from then until 1986, when it became simply the Enfield edition of a wider Gazette title. It reverted to The Enfield Gazette in 1997.
It’s published by North London & Herts Newspapers, a subsidiary of Sir Ray Tindle’s independent company Tindle Newspapers. The editorial offices are in Enfield and, like the website, are shared with the companion print freesheet for the area, the Enfield Advertiser – although it’s the Advertiser that takes precedence on the website. (This used to appear rather anomalous, considering that it’s the newer title and that the Gazette was a paid-for title).
It comes out on Thursdays.