The series is part of Trinity Mirror Southern’s West London and Bucks Newspapers group. All the titles are based in Hammersmith and share a common website, with community news pages for each district.
The series started life in the 1890s as the Southall-Norwood Gazette (founded 1894), The Hanwell Gazette and Brentford Observer and The Ealing Gazette and West Middlesex Observer (both founded 1898). In 1923 all of them were incorporated into the West Middlesex Gazette, which in turn was incorporated into the Middlesex County Times (founded 1866) as the Middlesex County Times and West Middlesex Gazette in 1941. The various local titles re-emerged in 1974.
The Gazette a wholly paid-for title until September 2011, when it absorbed its companion freesheet series, the Ealing Leader.
As of March 2013 there were three editions:
- Ealing & Acton Gazette
- Greenford & Northolt Gazette
- Southall Gazette
All come out on Thursdays. Two other editions, the Fulham Gazette and the Hammersmith & Shepherds Bush Gazette, have now been dropped in favour of the Fulham & Hammersmith Chronicle, with which they overlapped.
The series lost its dedicated website at ealinggazette.co.uk in October 2013, when Trinity Mirror Southern launched a unified website for all its West London titles at getwestlondon.co.uk. The old URL now redirects to the Ealing news pages of the new site.