Barnet & Potters Bar Press
It was founded in 1859 as The Barnet Press. It shortened its title to simply The Press in 1986 and since then has experimented with a number of different titles; it became the Barnet & Finchley Press in 1987, then The Barnet & Whetstone Press in 1992 before switching back to the Barnet & Finchley Press in 1994, and then to Barnet & Whetstone Press (no The) in 1996. In 1999 it became the Barnet & Whetstone edition of The Press, then of The Press and Advertiser from 2001 to 2003, and then of The Press once more. In 2009 it became The Press: covering Barnet, Whetstone and Potters Bar, before adopting its present title in 2010. (The website still bears the Barnet & Whetstone Press title.)
It’s published by North London & Herts Newspapers, part of the Tindle Newspapers group since they took it over from Trinity Mirror in 2007. The editorial offices were originally in Barnet before moving to Enfield in the early 1990s, where they shared with the Enfield Advertiser and the Tottenham & Wood Green Advertiser. However, they moved back to Barnet in November 2012.
The other editions in the series cover Edgware & Mill Hill, Hendon & Finchley and Potters Bar (which now has its own website, though not apparently its own newspaper). There’s also a slip edition for East Barnet, the East Barnet Press & Advertiser.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition is also available online.