It was founded in 1885 as The Horncastle News & South Lindsey Advertiser. From 1935 to 1969 it was known as the Horncastle & Woodhall Spa News. There seems to be no connection with an earlier title, the Horncastle, Spilsby & Alford News, which was launched in 1869 but failed after just over a year.
It’s published by Peterborough-based East Midlands Newspapers, which is a division of the Johnston Press nationwide group of publishers of regional newspapers.
The editorial offices are in Horncastle.
It comes out on Wednesdays.