The Grantham Journal
is a weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the town of Grantham in the Lincolnshire Parts of Kesteven, and in the surrounding villages of south-western Lincolnshire
and bordering parts of Nottinghamshire (including Bingham) and Leicestershire.
It was founded in February 1854, with the considerably more wordy title of The Grantham Journal of Useful, Instructive and Entertaining Knowledge and Monthly Advertiser. By its fourth issue in May 1854 it had already shortened the title to The Grantham Journal and Mercantile Advertiser; it went weekly and adopted its present title in July 1855. From 1942 to 1989 there was a local edition for Melton Mowbray and Rutland, the Melton & Rutland Journal.
It’s published by Peterborough-based East Midlands Newspapers, a branch of Johnston Press‘s Midlands division. The editorial offices are in Grantham‘s High Street.
There’s also an accompanying freesheet, the Grantham Citizen.
It comes out on Fridays.
- Grantham Journal
46 High Street
Latest posts in England - East Midlands
Weekly tabloid newspaper sold in the town of Spalding in the Holland Parts of Lincolnshire
Local edition of the Lincolnshire weekly paid-for tabloid the Skegness Standard
Weekly freesheet tabloid for Derby and neighbouring towns and villages, launched in March 2012
Independently published freesheet tabloid distributed free to villages NE of Leicester every two months