Leighton Buzzard Observer
It was founded in 1861 as The Leighton Buzzard Observer and Linslade Gazette. In 1954 it was rebranded first as the Observer in January and then the Beds and Bucks Observer in July; after reverting to its original title in 1989, it relegated the Linslade Gazette to an “incorporating” subtitle in 1996.
It’s published by Premier Newspapers, a Milton Keynes-based subsidiary of regional newspaper publishing house Johnston Press, who took over the newspaper from Home Counties Newspapers in 1998. The editorial offices used to be in Leighton Buzzard, but have now been centralised at the Luton Observer‘s offices in Luton.
Aan associated weekly freesheet, the Leighton-Linslade Citizen, ceased publication in 2012.
It comes out on Tuesdays.