The Hunts Post
It was founded in 1893 as The Huntingdonshire Post, but shortened its title to the Hunts Post in 1931. After spending a spell as the Hunts Herald & Post from 1989, it adopted its current title in 1993.
It’s published by Archant Herts & Cambs, a branch of media group Archant‘s Archant Anglia division. The editorial offices are in Huntingdon.
It appears in two editions named for the towns of Huntingdon (the larger of the two) and St Neots (St Neots & Cambourne until June 2012). Both come out on Wednesdays, and are also available as e-editions online (by free subscription). From 1959 to 2006 there was also an edition for Ramsey, the Ramsey Post.
Although it’s primarily a freesheet, a small number (perhaps five per cent) of issues are sold through the news trade.