It was established in 1888 as the South West Suffolk Echo. It adopted its present title in 1963 and, apart from a period from 1977 to 1984 when it was simply The Echo, has kept it ever since.
It’s published by Bury St Edmunds-based Anglia Newspapers, a division of nationwide publishers of regional and local newspapers Johnston Press. The editorial offices moved within Haverhill at the end of April 2013, from Queen’s Square to Castle Manor Academy.
It comes out on Thursdays.