It was established in 1987 by the merger of two earlier titles: the Dunmow Broadcast and District Advertiser, founded in 1952, and the Dunmow Recorder, which first appeared in the 1980s. Until 2012 it was known in full as the Dunmow Broadcast & Recorder.
It’s published by Archant Herts & Cambs, a branch of the Archant media group’s Archant Anglia division. It’s part of a series together with the Saffron Walden Reporter, whose editorial offices in Saffron Walden it shares.
It comes out on Thursdays. An e-edition is also available on the website after registration (which is free).