It was founded in 1933 and is part of a group of weeklies for the Waveney District along with the Lowestoft Journal. Ultimately it’s part of media group Archant. But although the coverage area is primarily in Suffolk, it’s actually published by Archant Norfolk rather than Archant Suffolk.
The main editorial offices are at Archant’s headquarters in Norwich, but there’s also an office (shared with the Eastern Daily Press) in Beccles.
There are three editions:
It comes out on Fridays. An e-edition’s also available by paid subscription.